- Humans are being exploited in order to satisfy the greed of wealthy tycoons - this is destroying mankind and the planet.
- People are prevented from enjoying their lives because our culture has deemed economic growth as the path to human contentment.
- Never before in the history of humanity have people worked harder and expended more energy in the pursuit of satisfaction. The average Australian works harder than a primal tribesman in order to meet their basic needs.
- We have the technology, historical data, and collective wisdom that will allow society to be efficient and content - yet these attributes are squandered because of society's stubborn and myopic focus on consumerism.
- Our planet is being destroyed because our society relies upon finite resources, and the positive changes we need to make are battled against by wealthy and powerful people.
- Corporations need to be held accountable for their actions i.e. the excessive marketing of junk food to kids, and their consistent contribution to the ill health of Australians via their sublime advertising of unhealthy products.
- We believe that modern society is sick; it's individuals are reluctant casualties to a culture of consumerism, which is a pathway to misery; as indicated by the escalating occurences of modern lifestyle diseases.
- Australians are getting sicker - diabetes, heart disease, depression and anxiety are epidemic. Modern humans are sicker than ever before, but modern medicine conceals this fact - without it we would be unhealthier than primal man.
- There are many Australians who feel frustrated and helpless to make a change to their society and government, and as a result; they are quietly depressed - although these feelings are usually subtle, and are supressed by distractions such as shopping, pharmaceuticals, and alcoholism.
- Australia is living in a false economy, one that is artificially propped up by unusually cheap resources and labour from overseas. These resources are rapidly running out and as a result; Australia faces an impending crisis - one that can and should be avoided.
- Australians are not stupid or lazy, we have the courage and the common sense to change our country into a place where human contentment can once again be the reason to get out of bed in the morning, instead of a lousy job.
Together we will achieve a good life for ourselves and our future generations, but sometimes in order to get somewhere; you have to fight.... will you fight?
News Update: 12th April 2008
I've just been to the local 20/20 summit. I had the opportunity to voice our concerns to a packed house, and it was received rather well.
We're certainly not alone in our fight for a better life.
There were some interesting people and great thinkers present, and it was a pleasure to be able to meet with them - I will be speaking with them again shortly and organising a meeting.
News Update: 20th March 2008
A draft of our party constitution has been written, and we are now in the process of ratifying it. When this is accomplished, we will construct and ratify our charter.